9.01.2009

mix muse

Yesterday I went back to the Museum of Contemporary Art, San Diego, to see again, before it comes down, MIX, featuring 9 architects from San Diego


I have really enjoyed this show and am grateful for being able to see it on many occasions.

It reminds me how much I enjoy the process of design.

It informs me about where architecture can go.

It entertains me with aesthetics that challenge me.



And, I am also thrilled that my favorite Robert Irwin piece is back.


Yesterday I asked the gallery guard it I could take a picture and he said no.

This makes me wonder why we cannot take pictures at museums. Obviously the images are already out there.

I hope some day museums will be less restrictive because maybe this would help them become more accessible.

It’s kind of sad that there were so few people at the museum yesterday.

I really wish museums were more accessible, for the public to attend, and artists to exhibit.

Yesterday as I drove away it seemed elitist and I wondered why I want to show in museums.


The spaces are so fabulous, and although they are not the most accessible venue they are an access to more viewers.

No comments: