2.22.2012

I'm okay with that

There are just 9 more works to frame, and I cannot believe how much I like this work. There is nothing political about it. They are not advant-garde, they need not special installation. They can be hung on any wall to be enjoyed.


To me they are just beautiful, and enjoyable, and surprisingly, I am okay with that.


I find myself letting go of the idea that my art needs to make a statement, that I should be striving to make a difference through my art, that there needs to be more.


I like that they are beautiful, that they make me smile, and they keep my interest. Seeing them framed makes them more precious, and I'm okay with that.


The framing has been a lot of work, not my favorite thing to do, but it have given me more time with with work, and I will soon miss it.


Soon I will have the 500th picture of the circle device on plants. I have a lot of work ahead, and every time I question, is this work really good, I will let it go, and be okay with it.

1 comment:

Michele Guieu said...

Lori, I wish I could see the show - and may be I will. I like what you say about your work. The images you posted are beautiful, peaceful. Looks like the ensemble will be very colorful. I think seeing the glass half full is a statement, given the general mood these days concerning almost everything!
Coming back from three days backpacking the other day, I was thinking about how much I enjoy being connected with nature - but not so much about the state of the world.

I know you will post photos here so if I do not see the show I will check out the documentation of it.
I wish you the best for the opening -