4.21.2012

free art: cart 04.20.12

Yesterday was the roll-out of the free art: cart , Market and Euclid in front of Food4Less. It's a very interesting area, there's a trolley stop, lots of buses, a strip mall with a Starbucks, and a small framers market on Fridays 3-7. We arrived around 3:30 and there are lots of kids around. I make the decision to set up in front of Food4Less.


Moved slightly to the east of the front door, and the first "customers" enthusiastically checked out what I was giving away, taking a piece each.



 
This artist paints t-shirts, and chose a piece to inspire a new design, how awesome is that! I was really not sure how the experience would be, and it was wonderful. The free art: cart a success thus far.


And, I am so grateful that my friend Jennifer came out and was able to document the event. Thank you Jennifer in helping with this project and getting 12 yaya pieces a home.


It has taken so long to get to this point in this project, and I am a little overwhelmed with how fantastic the experience was. It was on my calendar to roll-out the cart 4 times a year, but right now I have lots of work, so I am thinking again in May.

3 comments:

noel said...

lori darling, i want some of your free art! Please let me know next time where you will be and i'll be the first in line.

i left you a little message on flickr a while back to ask you if i could use your design for my next collection. Are you ok with it?

xoxo n

Lori said...

Noel,
Sorry I am on and off Flickr so quick most times I did not see your message. Yes I would be honored if you used my art as inspiration for your design.

Michele Guieu said...

Lori, this is such a beautiful and generous idea. Social, local and interactive - and excellent for your karma! :)
Love it!