5.26.2012

Jean Lowe

Last Saturday was very eventful, starting with the free art: cart, a graduation ceremony at SDSU, and then a blow-out sale at Quint Contemporary.


I had been trying to get over to La Jolla to see Jean Lowe - Hey Sexy! and in all honesty I'm glad my experience was at this event. The work can easily be appreciated without the sale, but having people shopping, and eating, a barbershop quartet, and the raffles all going on, was great because it became an experience, and not just standing in a stark white gallery, silence, staring at art.


I could still appreciate the commentary on today's consumer society, which I usually find depressing. This work can make me smile, while shaking my head, about it all.


I could not resist using my 9.99% off coupon and bought a YOU'RE PERFECT cup.


Thank you Jean Lowe, for making me think, making me smile, and creating some art I can afford to buy.

No comments: