12.25.2014

fix it myself

I was nervous to ride, the last two time my neck was so soar I could not look to the left or down to see where the chain was in the de-railer. Not a safe way to ride. Physical therapy was not working, yoga helped, but the pain was so great I feared that I would have to stop riding someday soon.Today I stretched, and put on an analgesic rub. 


At first there seemed to be no difference. I focused on shoulders back, neck straight, and about 35 minutes into the ride I started feeling the heat from the rub. Turning got easier and easier, so much so I started thinking my neck pain might be muscular, and not skeletal.


My neck starting feeling so much better, I am confident I can get back to putting some miles in on the bike, and I can fix my neck myself. Lakota rub, stretching, exercises the physical therapist gave me and yoga, should do it!  Another very good day in my exceptionally fortunate life.

No comments: