12.13.2009

lucky me

Yesterday Michele Guieu’s installation “Lucy Darwin and Me” opened at Art Produce.



I had the good fortune to help Michele a little on the installation.
As thanks for the little work I did she let me choose a small piece, and I love it.



But, it is I who am grateful.

She was gracious enough to give me this opportunity to be part of the creative energy to help realize her vision.

It is a gift to have such an opportunity to work with an artist and I thank her for this.



The exhibit itself I find stimulating. All aspects from the writing on the window, the large mural painting, the small drawings & photos, the beautiful photos her parents took years ago and the video, I can enjoy individually and they work well contextually together. I am lucky that the exhibit is in my neighborhood because I will get to experience it more than once before it comes down.

Congratulations Michele!! And thank you.

1 comment:

Michele Guieu said...

Thank you Lori for your words and thank you for helping me during the installation of the show.

The week was extremely interesting for me, that's why I tried to document it as well as possible although I forgot to take pictures at times! But you did, as some other people who came, and that's great.

I enjoyed the process of the installation, I learned a lot, I was stressed but I also had fun - and I was also thrilled to have my mom with me!

I hope to help you for your next show!