10.24.2010

another great day

Yesterday part staycation part LA vacation.
We started by meeting a group of Romanian cyclists at Fiesta Island. As we rode there the drizzle turned to rain.

After riding home, cleaning up, and eating lunch we headed up to LA for my friend Gale Antokal’s reception at Couturier Gallery.

I am so grateful to have the opportunity to see her work live and of course her and her husband.








We were graciously invited to the galleries owner’s home after for dinner which was delicious and we had time to talk and meet some very interesting people.
Thank you Gale and Darrel!
While we were in LA and on our drive home I talked about how much I really love LA and we both played with the notion of moving up there.
This morning while making the bed I thought about this prospect. What would be the advantage of living there? It wouldn’t really help my art career, that ship has sailed. The move from emerging artist to established reserved for the young, those recently graduating from art programs. There is all the museums, art galleries, and energy, which I can easily get during one to two day trips.
And although I do not in the least feel “old” the fact is I am not young and my own energy is just not what it used to be. It’s good, but it needs more recovery. San Diego is far from a horrible place to be. We’ll stay and visit LA. And since moving  always has costs involved, maybe I can save up to buy one of Gale's pieces.

No comments: