8.17.2011

nail polish

Every summer I paint my toe nails.
Each summer is either a new color, or using up the previous summers bottle.

This year I started with a color my Mom had left me. It was a color that reminded me of Rachel, my grandfathers third wife. I used it all last summer and loved it. Every time I looked down and saw the beautiful pink I thought of my Mom and Rachel.

In July the bottle came crashing down and went all over the bathroom. Most of it I got up, some is still on the floor and on the back of the toilet.


My nails lasted though the trip to Vancouver, but needed to be redone as soon as I got home. I started to take it off, only to find the nail polish remover was too old to work properly. To fix this toe nail color problem has taken over a week. I was even out in public a couple of times with messy exposed toe nails, not good.

The old polish got removed on Sun and the new color applied Tue night. This morning I saw the new color in daylight. It is a very strange pink. Nothing like the beautiful pink my Mom had given me.


There is no recreating the past. It is gone, I hope my memories will stay with me .

No comments: