6.06.2012

young for my age

This weekend I randomly got this


"Hipsters are a subculture of men and women typically in their 20's and 30's that value independent thinking, counter-culture, progressive politics, an appreciation of art and indie-rock, creativity, intelligence, and witty banter. Hipsters reject the culturally-ignorant attitudes of mainstream consumers, and are often be seen wearing vintage and thrift store inspired fashions, tight-fitting jeans, old-school sneaker, and sometimes thick rimmed glasses."

I would say I fit this profile except for a few things.
I am well over 50, wear regular clothing, loose fitting jeans, and prefer vegan Birkenstocks. As for the glasses, I always wanted to wear them, time has granted this, but they are not the now fashionable square geek rims, maybe next year!

I could hear one of the kids, around when I randomly got this card saying, "she got Hipster!"

Sometimes it really is fun being old.

No comments: