7.19.2008

no longer strong and long

From the Yahoo! Health site:
Nail-biting (onychophagia) is a common stress-relieving habit. You may bite your nails in times of stress or excitement, or in times of boredom or inactivity. It can also be a learned behavior from family members. Nail-biting is the most common of the typical "nervous habits". You may bite your nails without realizing you are doing it.

The nail on my right thumb for almost a year was strong and long, until last night. I caught myself too late. The damage was done. I went too far.

I had thought the ability to keep this nail strong and long would inspire me to stop biting the others. I really liked this strong long nail. It had come in handy as a tool many times.

Now I had destroyed it, and it hurts.


I really need to stop this habit. I will try. I can stop biting my nails. I must stop biting my nails.

I will be aware of what I am doing. I will notice and stop immediately.

I can stop biting my nails.

No comments: