11.04.2009

local art

Today I got up to the California Center for the Arts in Escondido and saw the exhibit Quint: Three Decades of Contemporary Art.

I had almost forgotten that the show as still up and that I had not seen it. Luckily a friend said she was going and it was a free day, and off we went.

One can easily see that Mark Quint has a really good eye for contemporary art.

I’m sure his education at the San Francisco Art Institute helped.

And lucky for those of us that have ended up in San Diego the same was his fate and he decided he liked looking at art more than making it.


It was very inspiring to recollect about the wonderful work he has shown and brought to this community.

And as an artist who often feels like San Diego is a cultural desert it is even more inspiring to see how many fantastic artists live/work right here.

Maybe this show will inspire others who enjoy looking at art to help support and create more venues and we will all benefit.

Before leaving Escondido I told my friends about Peterson’s.


We had lunch there and on the way back we did the ‘sugar crash’.

No comments: