11.23.2009

routine change

Saturday AM bike ride, and I got home just before our company came. We went out for lunch at the Station http://stationtavern.com/

After lunch we walked around South Park, and then went over to La Jolla. We visited the two exhibitions I’d been to the night before.

Kelsey Brookes at Quint Contemporary http://quintgallery.com/



Stephen P Curry at La Jolla Athenaeum http://www.ljathenaeum.org/home.html


I like some of Kelsey’s work but am not sure I could live with them, or they would keep my interest for that long.
Stephen’s work on the other hand would be very easy to live with and I find I can daydream and get lost in them. 

We bought one!



We then went over to another gallery and saw some more art.

That night we tried to go to Extraordinary Deserts, but both locations had extraordinary lines out the door.

Sunday I took my cousins on a bike ride around the San Diego Bay, south on the east side, then back up the west side to Coronado, and on the ferry to cross back to San Diego. This is such a great ride to show off San Diego and the region. I rode my fixed gear which I need to ride more. I was really beginning to enjoy riding it. The kids enjoyed the ride, but it may have been a little too long. I’m sorry. Back in San Diego, and finally, Extraordinary Desert where we had lunch and ….oh some really good desert. When we got home we watched “Sunday in Hell” 1976 Pairs-Roubaix bike race.

Our company left and I went to the Garage to see the work of Greg Smith.


I knew he did trompe l’oeil work but for some reason I in my head I thought when I saw it live it would be trompe l’oeil and real elements, it was not. It was very nice work but I wanted it to be edgier and in my mind before seeing it, it was.

Great weekend, great art, now back to healthy eating and the regular routine.

It is so nice to have people come into your life and change up your routine. It made for a vacation for us too!

No comments: