11.01.2009

war of the cold

I felt that tickle in the throat. I felt it right when it happened and I knew.

I knew it was starting.


The onset of a cold.

On the way home I stopped to add to my arsenal of Echinacea, and oregano oil. For the fight I added Zicam, zinc, vitamin c, decongestants, and throat lozenges.

I had no time to be taken down with being sick. This time I would not succumb.

Then BAM, just as I thought I’d beaten it, WAM, down I went.

Yesterday I did not get out of my pajamas and was in bed more than out.

Today my noise is red, soar, and runny, although not as bad as yesterday.

Tomorrow I have a history exam which I have yet to study for, but the congestion in my head throbs and I cannot imagine studying.

Was waging full on war against this cold the best plan of action?

Would it have been better to let my cold run its course?


Maybe it is running its course, and whether or not I fought tooth and nail with all the drugs and supplements, it just runs its course. Once on the path the cold continues until its end.

Maybe I did not need to spend money on my war with the cold.

Maybe I’ll go take a nap and let my cold run its course.

No comments: