3.18.2010

Salk Institute

My first encounter


I thought it was like most research facilities, NO ACCESS



But this place is different



Different thanks to the vision of two men


Jonas Salk, scientist, and Louis Kahn, architect




Incredible




Just like the art I enjoy the most



This place sucks me in, captures my attention, and keeps me there



This place will be a place I always must visit, walk, spend time, and experience



Where the manmade meets nature spectacularly
 


Where you can spend time, stop the internal dialogue, pay attention, and be where you are.




For me much like the Golden Gate Bridge




There is something comforting in knowing I can experience architecture without the two + hour drive it takes to go to the Getty Center, Walt Disney Music Center, and other compelling spaces in LA

Right here where I now live




I am kicking myself in the butt for not having gone soon

And I am really grateful that the instructor for our class organized this field trip with tour




Thanks to all

No comments: