12.05.2011

two places at once

On Sat May 14, 2011 I participated in two events, thousands of miles apart.
Only in todays world would this be possible.
2837 University Orientation @ agitprop

"The 2837 University is a network of creative thinkers, small businesses, community members and sites in North Park (San Diego, CA). It encourages knowledge exchange by facilitating courses and events which coordinate the interests and resources of the North Park community and environs. Open exchange, and the blending of theory and practice, is the central idea and activity of the university; blurring the student teacher dichotomy, and fostering projects and resources that are financially and locally accessible to all."
From 2-6 I’ll be working on Organic Boundaries. 

I am very excited about this entire project and hope the course I have proposed will happen this summer.
The other event is the Billboard Art Project, this time in Savannah GA.

I must give Michele Guieu a huge hug and thanks for getting me involved in this. I remember as a young kid driving from Toronto to NYC, to visit family, and seeing billboards. Over the years they have changed, and I remember thinking about working on billboards for years now.

Unfortunately I cannot go to see this live, but it will be documented, and the project will come to Southern California in the fall.


I hope I will have the opportunity to participate in this project many times. 



I find it a very motivating project to work on, it was hard for me to stop and send my images.


No comments: