1.03.2009

again inspired

I am reading Tuttle the exhibition catalogue for The Art of Richard Tuttle exhibit I saw in 2007 at MOCA LA and I cannot put it down.


It has been a long time since I’ve been so engaged with an exhibit catalogue.


As I read all the essays and revisit the work through the wonderful colored plates I am sorry that I only went up to LA twice to see it, and I that did not read the catalogue while I could see the show again.


Now I long to spend more time with his work, physically.


I will stop being sorry and look for opportunities to be with his work.


I wonder why while I was in art school none of my instructors told me about Richard Tuttle.


I feel connected and I am inspired.

And now I remember, I heard him speak, and after he spoke we all went up to a conference room area, had a drink, some food, and heard him speak again, and I am grateful and fortunate.

No comments: