7.28.2010

accept liking it

Canyon Shadow Play is installed and I am surprised by how much I like it.
My feelings of delight bring doubt.Is it really good, will anyone understand or enjoy it?

I remember Richard Tuttle saying that the most important thing is for him to like his work and if someone else gets it, that's an added bonus.

The process which has brought the installation has been one of experiences, play, and learning, and this brings to me more value.

I am very happy with this installation and look forward to playing on the box canyon wall and bulletin board while it is up.

1 comment:

Michele Guieu said...

I visited your installation at Art Produce last Friday morning, just before I left San Diego. It was a nice surprise and it was not even completely finished.
It is inviting and offers an interesting complexity in the abundant details.
The Grand Canyon is dear to me, all the desert landscapes I visited are an important part of my life. So your show echoes in me in a very personal way.
I like the bulletin board, very nice pieces - I like the way you invite people to participate to your projects, it is really open minded and generous.

I hope the visitors will enjoy your installation as much as I did!
Have a great opening!
I wish I could be there -