7.09.2010

Summer Salon Series

July 8 2010


I had an extraordinary opportunity to participate in this series and what I did was a participatory project.




I did not get pictures of people working at the tables or the jury awards. I hope I can remember how much fun it was, and how much energy the jurying created. I did observe that for some people they had a hard time to sit down and do a drawing, often times alone. I noticed that at Michele’s workshop it was much more communal, and I wonder if I had set it up so the drawing activity was more of a communal setting, if more people would have done a drawing.




There was a lot for those coming to the museum to do. The most popular was the t-shirt and/or print give away, which was such a generous gift for Michele to give.
 





And Claudia worked really hard as people patiently waited creating a line down the stairs.




The music by Jivaro was fantastic and Joey Hill did a great job being a political pundit.



I hope everyone enjoyed themselves, and what makes it particularly enjoyable for me is coming away with ideas on if there were a next time.

No comments: