6.10.2011

feeling better

Today when I spoke to my mom she sounded much better. So much so that I finally had the feeling that she can recover from the major mini stroke she had. I had been thinking all week about death, and wondering if she was thinking about it. She said she was not, and this, I think is good.

It is a strange thing to be thinking about the end of ones life. I had thought about it weeks ago, before this, wondering how I might die. I remember a friend asking me if there was anything I wanted to do before I died, I thought of one specific thing, which has since been done. I have no bucket list.

Am I ready to die. Probably. Will I die soon. I hope, probably not. Maybe I’m really not at all ready. Still more work to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi lori thanks for the e-mail. One of these days our days off will fall on the same day and we will hike a big old mountain together! I like reading your blogs. Makes me think about how precious life is or how you want to make life precious. On that note i would like to share my blogs with you as well. I might have found someone to blog with. Here is a link to my site. Let me know what you think.

xoxo noel

http://amoebazygote.weebly.com/blog.html

Lori said...

Noel,
Thanks for the comment and the introduction to your site, which will be a pleasure to continue to read. Yes, one day our schedules will be in sync and we will hike together. Hope you don't mind, I will link your site on my blog.
See you soon!
Lori