6.07.2011

motivate self

For some reason have been relying on others to motivate me to walk, hike, and bike. This was never the case before, so I am not sure why I am so compelled to have someone with me these days. But today after work I went out to walk Florida Canyon, by myself.

I stopped a bit to take pictures for my projects.

And then while I was in the canyon I took a moment to look up, take in the the expanse, and not be so focused on seeing details.

I saw how beautiful the canyon is, even with a road running right down the middle. And appreciated how fortunate I am to have this so close to where I live. I enjoy walking through both natural and manmade environments. I think it’s the, being in, that connects me, and thereby rejuvenates. And I remember that I need to do this as much as possible, and I can motivate myself to do so.

No comments: