8.06.2008

elevator project

Six weeks went by so fast. My first interior design class is over. The final has been taken.

I very much enjoyed doing the research paper on RM Schindler, the model of an elevator interior for our client (the person we chose to do the research paper on), and all the extra credit activities I did (although I would have done them without being in an interior design class).



Looking down into interior. Walls above wainscotting are polished white on white plaster. Below wainscotting and floor is OSB (Oriented Strand Board). Small pin heads in wall represent LED lights.

Hand rails are recyled rubber. Cut out windows below hand rails view concrete elevator shaft, giving the rider the experience of what the space truely is.


Door wall has sculptural glass wall vase with some LED lights, on left. Right side has hanging CFL bulb, elevator control panel (numbers light up per floor you're on, emergency button and microphone/speaker, and hanging Conical ear devise to listen either to music or if you're using the emergency phone.

It is amazing that I have the ability and opportunity to be studying at a school, and I am thankful.

No comments: