8.18.2008

Sunday and LA Architecture

The trip to the RM Schindler house in LA has given me so much.


Being able walk around the property, the interior, and the roof space in was itself incredible.


Then to see Habitat 825 by architect Locan O’Herlihy, built with the awareness and respect of the Schindler house being beside it, from the Schindler house was spectacular.


We looked around Habitat 825 as much as possible.


Today I went through all the information I picked up and looked up the information about the tours of John Lautner’s projects. These are in conjunction with the exhibit Between Earth and Heaven: The Architecture of John Lautner, at the UCLA Hammer Museum.

As I checked out the website I came across a 2 day symposium, Against Reason, John Lautner and Postwar Architecture.


First day is at the Hammer and includes a tour of the exhibit, the second day is at the Getty Center, and the entire event is free.

Information and learning really is a joy. I am grateful to have such opportunities. It seems truely incredible, one fairly quick trip to a place and it keeps on giving!

No comments: