10.09.2008

where is real change

It is getting increasingly hard to listen to the news about the so called economic disaster.

And yet

THREE BILLION
THREE BILLION
THREE BILLION

3,000,000,000 people on this planet live on less than $2.50 a day.

Poverty in the US is estimated at 35,728,441, over thirty five million, 35 MILLION.

Millions, billions, of people living in poverty, and all I hear about is complaints and fear about losing.

Billions, millions, of people have nothing to lose.

When did people start working at jobs they hate so much that they have the need to want to make money from money so they can retire and leave the job they’ve been working at for so long, and apparently don’t like doing?

The economy needs to change; it has for a long time.

I fear the bail-outs of major corporations, banks and lending institutions around the world will not lead us to the change needed, and this is truly a shame, maybe even criminal. I hope there will not be those who end up making millions, or billions from this.

I am grateful for all I have and it is a lot, and if for some reason I loose all material processions, it will not be the end of the world. I know I can and will survive.

http://www.globalissues.org/article/26/poverty-facts-and-stats#fact3

No comments: