10.22.2008

passionate because?

Today I wondered why it is so important to me to be environmentally conscience, to be concerned about this earth and the creatures on it.


I am 52 years old. Maybe I’ll live to 80-90. In that 30-40 years it is doubtful that this world on earth will end. I have no kids, and therefore no grandchildren, so I need not worry about the state of this world on this earth.

And even so I am passionate about doing everything I can to live so that this earth, this world, can sustain.

Where does this come from? Is it from the same place as my firm belief that war and violence should never, under any circumstances, be an option?

It seems very weird. Why should I really care that much.

But I do, and I live with it and am very much engaged in it.

I guess it does not matter why, or where I come by this, it is just who I am.

No comments: