10.17.2008

metal on the move

If I had stayed in the parking lot I would have missed it. The decision not to pay $13 turned out to be the right one.

Just as I pulled out I saw the metal being moved. I knew it was on its way to being installed. I will now know more about they yard sculpture.


Quickly I got behind the truck and followed it.




It stopped at Seaport Village. I could see some metal being installed on the grass at Embarcadero Marina Park North.


I made a u-turn; found a metered parking spot and starting working my way back towards the park.

When I got there one was installed and I saw a crane getting ready to install another.




I found a woman who told me this was the work of Bernar Venet and the Port of San Diego has 8 of his sculptures for one year.

http://www.portofsandiego.org/public-art/1293-international-artist-bernar-venets-sculpture-exhibit-a-public-affair.html

How wonderfully exciting.



They will all be installed by Nov.

When I got home I found this was in conjunction with Scott White Contemporary and there would be an exhibit of some of Venet’s small pieces and drawing starting Nov 7.
http://www.scottwhiteart.com/artists/venet.html

Come Nov there will be a Venet walking tour for me.


Once again, what a difference a day makes.

I am energized and inspired.

No comments: