10.10.2008

learning frustration

I find hand drafting difficult and frustrating.
This one floor plan I have drawn three times. The first time my dimensions were wrong, I read the notes wrong. Second time it was messy, then when I tried to fix the mess it got messier. I hope I do not have to make many changes after the instructor looks at it, because I fear I will mess it up.
I cannot stand using the 7m F mechanical lead pencil. Too often I just touch the page and the lead breaks.
I cannot seem to embrace learning this technique.
I had a difficult time learning CAD, but I remember enjoying learning it.
If only I had kept up with CAD. I do not think I remember much of it.
I have downloaded Google’s SketchUp.


It is so nice that there is a free program available. I will try it.
A trick I was told was to do the drawing on the computer and then trace it for that hand done look.

I really like that idea.
And I will get through this class, hand drafting, and hopefully I will pass, because I need to move forward and design.

No comments: