4.15.2011

segregation and stratal

I have been thinking lately how segregation is still very prevalent, and in the strangest ways.
equal rights: women’s rights, gay rights, black rights, human rights, animal rights and ......
education: arithmetic,, science, art, geography, social studies, reading, writing, history, and .......
and the there is economics, the environment, health & wellbeing, government, and .......

I see a future where we realize it is all connected, live as such, and educate as such.

I like that my life includes being apart from the art community. I make money outside the art world which connects me to a larger community. I see that art is apart of everything and at the same time it is not. People do not need art to hang on their walls, even though its nice. People do not go to art museums and galleries, even though its nice. People do not always see how they are connected to art, and they live nice.

It is nice to stratal different worlds, but in my future it will not be necessary.

No comments: