5.25.2008

Noble Canyon 052508

Today I hiked part of Noble Canyon in San Diego County. It is known as a downhill mountain bike trail, although I think it should be restricted to hikers, I almost fell off the trail when on mountain biker came barreling down and I mistakenly was on the low side of the trail.

I was astonished by the varied vegetation of the terrain, the spectacular views, and the geological formations of the canyon.

We started with 12 people and 4 dogs. Ended with 11 people and 3 dogs, although there was a time when one person was on their own hike, but managed to find us while we were stopped for lunch.

This area has a lot, a lot of poison oak. And, this is something that since my last encounter with, I’m extremely scared of. I would have to say; thinks about running into poison oak on a trail is more terrifying that thiking about running into a mountain lion, at least for me.

But even with this fear of reacting to poison oak this hike will remain in my memory for years to come.

It is always a true treat to be introduced to an area one has not been to before, and it reminds me of how beautiful and diverse the terrain, people, and animals are where I live.

The gear, cloths, and car seat covers, are being cleaned right now. I am obsessed with not getting poison oak. I have uploaded all the pictures to Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/vklips/sets/72157605253161294/


I am feeling as relaxed as Mousa at lunch.


Moosa relaxing with Lori on our lunch break.
*
I am also remembering, as we drove home from the hike, the incredible view before dropping down from Alpine, how much I have grown to love this part of the world. I wonder what took me so long.

I am reminded how important it is for me to connect directly with nature, to spend a good part of the day, in it.

I really need that time, out there.

No comments: