6.24.2008

back to school

It seems to be that I really will not make a living with my art, and I am absolutely fine with that. But, I do need to help financially, and through this attempt I find myself back in school.

I am studying Interior Design at the community college. This is my first semester and I am taking one class, Intro to Interior Design.

In the class there is a research paper in which we choose an architect or designer.

It took me until yesterday, 6 days to make a final decision on who to research. Thank goodness the instructor approved my choice, since he was not on the list.

There will also be a project. We will design an elevator interior using the person we have chosen as inspiration, reflecting this person’s life, accomplishments, motives, philosophies, passions. We are not to design in the style of this person, we are to use specific guidelines, and we will construct a model to scale.

In our library for a long time we have had this book:


To have this opportunity to study R.M. Schindler and his work is rejuvenating. This paper will not be extremely comprehensive; the class is only 6 weeks.

I am very fortunate to be going back to school, to increase my knowledge, to study design, to be creative, and I am excited.

My life is full of extreme good fortune and I am grateful.

No comments: