6.30.2008

straw hat

Already the Grand Canyon trip is becoming a distant memory.

Last time to see the Grand Canyon dirt on my boots

How fast that happened. At least I’m continuing to do longer hikes and they are really just as spectacular and fantastic as the Grand Canyon.

Boots with new dirt

I have a new hiking hat.

I wanted a straw hat and last week I had the opportunity to check out two neighborhood thrift shops. I found what I thought would be the perfect hat. Cost $3.50 minus 60% making it $1.40 and no tax.

There was a couple of modifications need. First I cut up a bandana and weaved it in, providing softness against my forehead, and a nice sweat band. Then I attached a cord with toggle for adjusting tighter if needed in winds.



The hat worked beautifully. Provide shade, sopped up the sweat, and let the breeze whip through.

The hat made lots of people smile and laugh.


What a good hat.

No comments: