6.02.2008

materials

My sister has always made these beautiful photo albums. There is such delight in picking one up and going through it. I often thought I should do that, but never have.

Because I have not, I am so pleased to have my Flickr accounts. I am able to be very organized without storing more CD’s, photo albums, and slide albums.

Although it is not nearly as delightful as picking up one of my sister’s photo albums I am able to easily access pictures and derive much pleasure from seeing them.

I embrace this digital technology in so much of my life, yet I hold on to having my person touch with parts of my art practice. I wonder will I let that go. Should I let that go?

But for now I cannot. I have far too many of those so called ‘traditional’ art materials to use up. At some point when materials are used up, I wonder where my art will go.

I will just have to wait for that time, for it does not matter right now. I have plenty to do, plenty to work with.

No comments: