6.18.2008

new perspective

It is interesting how everyone has their own very personal perspective.
I am just at the wee beginnings of understanding this. It’s not easy to let go of how I perceive and experience and get a glimpse into another’s.

My mother read some of my blogs. She called laughing, and telling me how she did not realize how funny I could be. At first I was a little dumb founded, I really don’t think of myself as funny.

A friend found one of the blog writings sad. Again I was a little dumb founded, I was not sad when I wrote it.

Another time I was told by an artist colleague that they found the rejection letter pieces depressing. More often than not, I know someone has taken the time to look at my work and that brings me great pleasure.

If asked, what do you want from people as they look at your work?
My reply would be that I would like them to spend time with a piece. I would like them to have their own experience, without having to understand what my intent, process, or experience might have been.

I wonder if this is possible.

And I can see that for some it is possible. They can have their own experience with my work.

And through them I have a new experience.

I hope they enjoy their experience

And I thank you all for taking the time, and showing me a new perspective.

No comments: